Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gettin Schooled

(November, 13, 2011)
I have an announcement..I'm a tailor! Well..not really, but, I felt like one last week. I had this pleated skirt, a very nice skirt, but there was just too much of it. The length wasn't bad, but the high-waist of the skirt PLUS the length just threw my proportions off. Soooo, I decided to hem it..and succeeded; blind hem, starched and pressed. The whole shebang!! So yes, I was feeling myself. It looked so professional. 
I took it up 4 inches. Previously, it was at the middle of my knee caps. I used a measuring tape and white chalk to mark the new hem, then pinned and ironed it down. This article was a huge help when it came to actually sewing it down. Since the original stitching was hidden, I wanted to have the same finish with the new hem. After ALL that..I ironed and starched each individual pleat..painstaking, but SO worth it. I felt very accomplished. 
The ultimate reason I decided to hem this skirt was for this outfit. Cute, right? This is my take on the school girl look. I was going to wear one of my dad's ties, a very appropriate red-plaid necktie. Loved it, but it made the look a tad too..costume-y. Alas. I'll probably wear it another time. 
Off to take pictures elsewhere
look at that movement *sigh* love this skirt
Courtesy of Alexis
excuse my zombie eyes xp
Yayy for pictures in the street. Thank you SO much to my photographer for waiting for a halt in traffic to take this pictures for me. It was definitely a wait..this street is quite busy on Sundays.
Those are the fabulous shoes that brought everything together. I honestly love these booties..I had no idea they were oxfords until this new trend started. I've had them for a few years, since before I graduated from high school. As soon as I saw them on the shelf, I KNEW I had to have them..*sigh* I remember it like it was yesterday. Cue harp music and flashback video effects..hmm fond memories. Aaaahhh, love em!

What's in the drawer?
Blazer: Delia's (Saver's)
Blouse: Zara (thrifted)
Skirt: Sigrid Olsen (thrifted)
Tights: Target
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden (T.J.Maxx)
Earrings: Pearls (owned)
Bracelet: Juicy Couture (T.J.Maxx)

I'll be wearing this skirt again soon. It's officially one of my favorites. I'll likely wear it with my other oxfords and a sweater..maybe colored tights. I think Target has some out now so I'll be stocking (<<haha, get it??) up. Lol, ooh I'm silly. I'm hunting for some mustard colored tights. I saw a girl wearing a pair on Flickr and fell in love. Not to mention how great they made her legs look, like wow! Huge fan of great calves. So, if anyone sees some let me know, k thanks =D

~Amanda
         
         

No comments:

Post a Comment