Monday, December 12, 2011

Tribal Blues

(November 29, 2011)
This poor dress is a closet orphan..*tear* I probably have several, but they're all hiding. This particular one was given to me by my mommy (yes, I call my mother mommy..at home, at the store, at church, at school, on the phone..you get the point). She gave it to me this summer and it sat in my drawer for the longest time. Until one day I just needed something loose and comfy, so I wore it with a dark brown skinny belt (or else the empire waist gives you that preggo look) and dark brown, studded sandals.
This time..I wore it on purpose!
pictures in the car =]
I do this regularly..it's not strange at all, lol. I'm practicing for when I get home :p
New photo location. Since the weather changed, I can't really take pictures outside as often as I'd like to. Also, I'm sans a photographer..=[. I get by with my tri-pod, though. 
I love the print of this dress, it's so tribal..and African inspired. I always say African because I'm biased haha. 
Originally, I was going to pair this dress with a dark brown cardigan and wear the belt over the entire thing..but I thought, wayyy too much brown. This blue cardigan really brightened everything up. It picked up the periwinkle-esque blue in the dress and pulled everything together.
The dress has pockets, which I eagerly used to hold my cell, keys, carmex, lip gloss, a pencil, my camera..etc. Just a bunch of stuff. I adore dresses with pockets. I've decided against buying a dress/skirt because it didn't have pockets..yes, it's that serious. 
I love accessories. I've had those earrings for SOOO long. I don't even remember where they're from anymore. This was my first time wearing that belt, I bought it earlier in the summer. 

What's in the Drawer?
Cardi: GAP (Saver's)
Dress: City Triangles (mommy)
Tights: owned
Boots: Paprika (thrifted)
Belt: (thrifted)
Earrings: owned
Scarf: Walmart

~Amanda
           
         

2 comments:

  1. 1. I love the print of that dress!!!
    2. The blue cardigan was a great decision, I love how your outfit is almost monochrome brown then....boom! Blue!
    3. This outfit reminds me that I'm lacking in the color dept :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you Jacque
    I love that cardi so much. I was glad I could wear it with something other than jeans and a top, especially in this season.
    lol, I'm lacking in purple..and greens :p

    ReplyDelete