Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ugh, I'm SUCH a bright person ;) haha

(December 4, 2011)
This post is not about my intellectual prowess... ;). 
Have you ever bought something after falling in love with it, then come home and thought, "Oh noooo, nothing goes with it!!" Well, that was the case with the gorgeous heels I wore for this post.
I bought them during a retail therapy session (sometimes you just need it..you just do). I bought the shoes and a very chic macro-printed floral top (I wore it..the outfit was NOT amazing lol).
As soon as I saw these, I knew they had to be mine. I clung to them for dear life and finally tried them on..*SIGH* umm, yes. Fit like a GLOVE! *would I say sock, since it's my foot?? I think that's the foot-equivalent of glove, right?*

The day before (Saturday evening) I was in a fashion show for AIDS awareness. My bun was a big..I mean huge, Aretha-Chaka Khan looking pony, yes sir! lol. I loved it, but it was too much for church. So, this was my somewhat toned down rendition. Two separate 2-strand twists, spun on top of each other into a double-decker bun (wow, that made me hungry..)
A picture from the show. 
The photographer did a great job!
The outfit I'm wearing is from here.
I like stair photos. I'm holding my beloved GAP blazer..I just realized I have no photos of me wearing it, oh well.
Not sure what I was looking at..probably nothing. 
More stairs...
..and even more stairs..
I'm silly :p

What's in the drawer?
Blazer: GAP (thrifted)
Top: IZ Byer (Kohl's)
Skirt: Forever21
Tights: Target
Heels: H by Halston (Plato's)
Earrings: owned
Pearls: thrifted

This was a really fun outfit. I loved it. Did a LOT of dancing during praises, lol. My Africans know what I'm talking about. 
The entire thing was an accident. That's what really makes this special to me. I Knew I wanted to wear the heels with yellow. At first I was going to wear black skinnys, black tank, yellow funky blazer. But it was too loud for church, ya know. Maybe for a night out. Then I remembered the skirt. The first top I chose was a jersey material, tunic length, bodycon like top. It was more blue than this one. But, I'm glad I chose this top (which was WELL on it's way to being a closet orphan). It really complimented the other colors. Overall, very happy with this look.
had to share..root bear float!

~Amanda
           
         

No comments:

Post a Comment