Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Convicted Diva

(December 9, 2011)
I kinda love stripes..just a little bit. I bought this striped skirt last summer. The left is how I wore it for a party last Fall.
The right is how I wore it recently. It's ironic that I wore it over a year later with those same blue tights..and a black jacket. I shouldn't be surprised, though. I tend to repeat outfits, not necessarily articles of clothing. I was NOT thinking about that outfit when I got dressed this time, however. 
The entire purpose of this outfit was to wear those oxford booties, purchased the day before and worn to a Rep-ya-Flag party!! 
Make-up for the event *Ghana*
I was NOT about to wear heels to this event, lol. It was a great time. Anyway! I love the booties, they're very comfy. I bought them in a size 8 instead of 8 1/2 because they felt like the kind of shoes that would break in..also I'm more likely to be wearing them with tights and ankle socks (which tend to be thinner) than with crew socks or something.
I wore this outfit to run some errands, including an interview, (they thought I looked cute, :-p). This was a feel-good outfit. One of those combos that just makes you strut, turn heads, etc. Ya! lol. This was one of those. 
What's in the drawer?
Blazer: GAP (thrifted)
Ribbed Tank: owned
Skirt: Gojane.com
Tights: Target
Booties: Spicy (C.W.Price)
Studs: gift
As of now, I have 3 striped pieces in my closet..2 dresses and this skirt. Hoping to add more soon..especially Rugby stripes,  which I LOVE! 
~Amanda
           
         

No comments:

Post a Comment