Monday, October 17, 2011

It's a Man's World . .

(October 16, 2011)
Not really, but it's an appropriate title. I have ventured into the world of menswear inspired looks, thanks to the lovely Stephanie at Chocolate Laced. Ever since I saw her look for the 21 Day Challenge, I decided it was time for my wardrobe to experience a man-over. 

My sister and I . . this wasn't planned lol
My cat (Tabbi) getting in on the action
Black lace over silver, paired with silver zebra studs
What's in the drawer?
Blazer: GAP (thrifted)
Button up: Old Navy (thrifted)
Skinny pants: Hammer (???)
Tie: Daddy's closet, chosen by him♥
Belt: Old Navy (thrifted)
Oxfords: Pink Duchess (C.W.Price)
Earrings: Charlotte Russe (in a pack, 3/$10 sale)

This outfit was definitely a step in a new direction for me, but I loved it. I wore it to church on Sunday and got plenty of compliments from men, women, and youth alike. Everyone loved it! To think all this happened as the result of an impromptu stop at C.W.Price, where my sister and I both ended up finding the same oxfords (she came to show me hers and saw that I was already holding a pair lol). I can't wait to see how she dresses hers up for her blog. Photos were courtesy of  my sister, our church photographer, and my dad. My hair was inspired by Miss Janelle Monae. My overall look reminded me of a friend of mine, who will remain unnamed ;]. However, he is one half of an awesome design duo. Check them out Online, on Facebook and Twitter. Hopefully, I'll expand my closet to include a few more menswear inspired items.

~Amanda
         

         

4 comments:

  1. I think you have a unique sense of style in women's clothing, although the Men's wear doesn't look awful, from one designer to another.. Stick to the feminine side of the fashion world. Yuri personality and creativity really shines in the women's department, and you definitely have the figure to pull it all off. do try and stay out of the men's department, But I do look forward to seeing fresh new ideas from your particular sense of style;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous. I really appreciate your feed back. I love experimenting with fashion, but at the end of the day, I'm a girly girl at heart. Hope you stick around for more posts ^_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the mention! I'm glad my outfit inspired you to step out of the box and I love how you went about it! One thing I try to do when wearing menswear is keep some aspect of it feminized (whether it's my accessories, or just one article of clothing). So, I love the touch of lace on your oxfords! Good job. :)

    -Stephanie from chocolate laced

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Stephanie,
    thanks so much for checking out this post. I really appreciate your input :)

    ReplyDelete